Sunday, March 22, 2009

Chapter 7 - Looking beyond where you are

I can do all things through HIM who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Scripture Reading - Philippians 3:7-14

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last Saturday I taught in a youth about the topic “To be a Cell Leader”. It reminds me that to be a cell leader, we need to have a holy life and read Bible regularly & have a prayer life. Because it can be affect our generations and our cell group. “Looking beyond where you are?” It reminds me that did I satisfy where I have now? Did I give more room to God and experience His faith? I want to look beyond where I am, I want to affect my generations (my cell member and my family) can experience more of goodness of God. Like Joel Osteen’s father, because what he did, he passes the blessing to his generations. Let us be a different Christian, to be more faith in God, to love more soul, love to serve in Him in every circumstance. Not just hide in our conform zone.

Jessey Chai said...

some sort of image flash tru my mind after i read dis chapter... i start to think: "who am i? where am i? wad i'v done for GOD?" then... a sound tat i heard: "u r nt only de who u r... hope for more... do more for GOD... believe that NTH IS IMPOSSIBLE in GOD..." yes... recently i reminded those who were attacked by 'emo' who r them n wad GOD touched me to tell them... they thanked me... i felt happy n i hope to c de changes in them... i start to love telling ppl bout GOD n how great is our GOD... sometimes i felt like so wanting to help them n i will use GOD's words to change their mind set... although im nt really sure wad i'v said helpful onot... but i feel glad coz GOD is touching me to tell them more... i don scare negative comments... i only want to c souls being saved... my faith in GOD is growing... stronger n stronger... thx GOD!!! i nid to do more for GOD in any ways... no limit n no specific ways of serving GOD... everyone do hv their own ways to do more for GOD... it's nt important tat no one sees it... coz GOD is jez right here wif me ^ ^ love GOD!

Anonymous said...

It's indeed a good reminder to me of not to stay in my complacency. I can do more, bigger and better. In my career, I will not satisfy to be only a GM but be a director or CEO someday. In my spiritual life, I will not satisfy if I only bring one or two people to God but millions of people. Sometimes I have doubt if I can do it. But seems now he is telling me that not by my power nor by my strength but by the spirit of God it can be done. I trust in God that he will leads me and helps me to achieve all these for these pleases HIM. Thank you Lord and Glory to be your name, Amen!

Anonymous said...

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Amen.. am i enough? No, stop limiting God. He is giving us a good future. Looking beyond where i am. If i could just step a steps of faith i could have been in a better place now. I must always remember that no matter what God is looking after us. Walk with Him will never lost and never find end road in live. Life is always beautiful and full of miracles. Must aim for more in life, Now i am not satisfied with what i am having now. I dream bigbig... i will always remember that what ever decision i am making now will affect the generation to come. I am here Lord, used me and bring me to the next level.

yannan said...

要去求!神会给我们的!改变现在不好的去求更好的!要做得更好!拥有更多!只要有信心上帝会成就任何事!是真的!以前我不知道!我怕自己太贪心!什么都要!又不敢求!而且又没有做神要我做的事!然后姐姐讲他有祷告神要给他有一个电话!然后神就给他了!然后我就尝试祷告要一个电话!神就给我了!很感谢神咯!他听我祷告!有时祷告了神没有给我有点伤心!现在我知道只要相信!要不断的祷告求神!我相信他会给我的!每天告诉自己要有信心!
然后现在要求神给我有好的成绩在spm!我要考到很...好的成绩!我要!!~Ax10~

florence ho said...

when i read this, i realized that im that frog, i always limit God’s work.. now i just need to take action to jump into the ocean that God had prepared for me since the day HE created me, knowledge without action is dead, the frog has take it’s action, now is my turn....

Stephanie.C said...

After reading this, I'm thinking...what I need to change?How I can change? But I'm so weak, I don't know how to do it...It's so tough for me.... On the other hand, there is a voice telling me 'I'm beyond wht ur mind can think'. What I can do is forget what are the failures...but focus and fight for my dream. B'cos GOD is beyond all this...and I can do all things through HIM who strengthens me.

elena said...

after i read tis chapter....i dare to dream bigger n bigger...n dun let the negative cycle going...i wil dare to do all the things tat i want to do becoz i know tat GOD is always by my side....from tis chapter i learn tat be brave n brave.....n dun become the frog...