Sunday, March 22, 2009

Chapter 8 - Choose Your Environment wisely

He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm. Proverbs 13:20
Scripture Reading 2 Corinthians 6:14- 7:1

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like this sentence 'Get into an atmosphere where people build you up rather than tear you down.'

i really believing in one sentence, ' Choose your friends wisely' it is either you influence them or they influence you. That's it!

Jessey Chai said...

yes... i love dreaming... but de types of dream in me have changed... is not those useless dream... is somekind of dream tat really gives me courage n confident... i hv started putting myself into de environment which i can seek n wait for GOD... sometimes i feel so blank n comfortable tat seems like nth matters me n everythg is great... i slp well after 'dating' wif GOD... i like GOD hugs me...
"quit sitting around worrying n feeling sorry for yourself" i like dis ^ ^
now i oweyz dream of de day when all my family members accept christ... i believe GOD will let de dream comes true... keep praying until that day... + u JC!

Anonymous said...

Haha, I used to do this in my life. I like to hang around in those high class area where you can see many homes range from extravagant and luxurious in size, to the more elegant and modern not because I'm bossy but I like the feeling of being rich and wealthy. In those environment you can see people speak, behave and act differently. Indirectly it will affect the way you speak, behave and act accordingly. You will not scream at a place where everyone is reading quietly isn't it? And I guess this helps me to pave my way to be rich and wealthy. haha... Seriously, I did believe that God wants us to soar high like an eagle and he will bring us to the place that we never imagine but if we are willing to believe and have faith in him.

Anonymous said...

He who walks with the wise grows wise,but a companion of fools suffers harm. true. The people you are with affect you so much and under the pressure of the environment will affect you daily life. In my hospital example there are friends who will talk many nonsense things that will affect or hurt other people life. Daily i will listen those not good words. Is either i choose to listen or stay away. as Pastor Joel share that we must get into an atmosphere where it will build your faith up not to tear you down. Changing of environment. Id we stay to a good environment w will be good. If not we will be bad. Just as who are your friends that will be you. I pray to God that He will always protect me and bring me to an environment where i would grow stronger. Soar like an eagle is my dream. I always sing i Believe i can fly, I believe i can touch the sky.. wow.. I am looking forward for all my big dreams to happen.

ChihSan said...

Because God, then, will give us such rewards, dear brothers, let us make ourselves clean from all evil of flesh and spirit, and become completely holy in the fear of God. 2 Corinthians 7:1
Who is the wise person? Jesus. Where the place can grow wisely? Church. Am I on the right way? Yes. Did we walk beside with the church vision? Let us walk together and whole hand together and glorify Jesus name. Amen. I am the cell leader; my heart wants to see all my cell member to grow up with Jesus. And not follow what the world concept. We need to uphold each others. We cant walk alone. If you read this sharing, share out your mind to each others. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

my mom shared something with me that i found i should share with all of you all too. My mom shared to me on Deuteronomy 30;11-16. My mom says the important of proclaiming the words. Is not hard to do it for Its says in verse 14: No, the words is very near you,it is in your mouth and in your hear so you may obey it. i thank God that she is able to to share this to me. God is doing good thing in her sickness. it give me hope no matter what problem i will be having i will still proclaim the powerful words of God. on what chih San had share, i feel i really agree with what she had shared. we are in a cell group where God had given us a place to grow. i found this blog help me to express my feeling, my inner feeling and where i can talk what i want. Not i say that i cant share in cell group just that time is limited. There are many people to share also. When i get to share in here. I feel so happy. I can share what is happening to me straight. I am so happy. I also pray that my sis and brother would turn back from the worldly concept back to the road of God. They had choose an environment that affect their life so much. My heart breaks when i hear my brothers smokes and what worry my dad was Those friends that He go with would give drugs to him. he now days will go to the snooker place every night. He dint go, he doesn't feel good. every day He got scolded by my dad still he dint change. My mom now also pain till give up on him. I know what i can do was pray. so i also want all of you to pray with me. :)

florence ho said...

My boss used to say negative words when thing not going well, it’s always make me so frustrated. I always pray deep in my heart to break all this negative thought n proclaim God’s blessing. And I always tell him not to say negative words cos it will come out as what you’ve said. now, he is more concern of what he say. haha.

Anonymous said...

victoria
Recently, my friends and i facing a lot problem... Seen like we are in living in the jungle... Not food, not home....

Tat night, i lead the prayer meeting among jess, addelene, jessy and shu hui...

I shared want i get with they and tat night we pray about this too...

Stephanie.C said...

Same like Patt, I like the sentence 'Get into an atmosphere where people build you up rather than tear you down.' There is a word in cantoness '人比人,比死人' So I used to not do any comparison but just take me as how GOD created me. When I grow elder...I realize...we can do comparison not with the poorer one, but with the better one. It is like encouraging me to do better.

In my office, colleagues who same position as me, they are more far better than me. So I don't choose to be the poorer one, but I choose to continue and fight for better. I can do better b'cos I have GOD/Jesus in ME!

I choose to hang out with friends who are encouraging, inpired me. On the other hand, I also try to be a friend who encouraging and also being other's inspiration. I might not be the best, but I want to be the BEST in HIM!

elena said...

choose ur environment wisely....tis remind me bout we're quite easy influence by the environment tat around us.......mine environment is full of horrendous stress.....i nid to always face the problem wif a lot of stress....so after i'm become a christian....i start to know hw to manage n control my stress n hw to face the problem easily.....act i am a person who r easily to cry....whn i cant solve the problem i wil naturally start to cry.....so after i know Him....i feel more relax even though still wil cry easily.....so sometimes i wil think tat i really cannot live without Lord...my lovely Father:)