Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Chapter 1 - Let's Start Believing For More

Scripture Reading : Hebrews 1: 8-40

" I am not going to settle for a little love and joy, a bit of peace and contentment, or for a small helping of hapiness. No, I'm going to reach my full potential in GOD. I'm going to start living my best life now! "This sentence easily describes the whole chapter. I find it really interesting to wonder what God has in store for my potentials and future.Let us all together as one walk towards the goal that God has for us!!

*Share with us, How GOD touches your through this chapter*

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still remember b4 i came back fr uk,God been putting this heart of prayer in me. I was chosen to serve as prayer secretary 4 the chinese christian fellowship in uk. HE promised me 'day time He wil b wif me,afternoon He wil guide me n at nite He will protect me'. Bcos these promises,i obeyed n took the post. I believe God's calling will nv end. The calling is not only valid at that time,but its valids 4ever.

After 5 years i m back,i m so comfort about my current life. I m doing things that i wan 4 my career; serving at church;lovely family; beside havent found my life partner,every things seems comfort n its good enough d. once again this passage reminded me, my values not cost this little. Visions n callings that God given to me will nv end n there r lots things to do. Now i m thinking how?how can i react n expand my callings n vision. Think consistency of attending the prayer meeting will b a good start for me to expand my callings n out fr my comfort zone.

What about you?How to get it started?

Anonymous said...

這 些 人 都 是 因 信 得 了 美 好 的 證 據 、 卻 仍 未 得 著 所 應 許 的
因 為   神 給 我 們 預 備 了 更 美 的 事 、 叫 他 們 若 不 與 我 們 同 得 、 就 不 能 完 全 。
希 伯 來 書11:39-40

仍 未 得 著 所 應 許 的- remind me don’t give up and we need to have faith in every situation. Sometimes when I said that I am good enough, achieved my target during the year, and I will not going further again, but God said that there is not my end. Faith in God in every circumstance. from chihsan

Anonymous said...

When i 1st read this chap..it really strikes my heart...i was like..oh noooo...this is exactly wat victoria wil alw do :( i've 2 admit..im easily satisfied wit my lil lil own achievement or improvement..or i'll js tell myself..well, i hv tried my best..but aft readin this chap i really think is true..i'll js stay where i am n it has bcome my lil comfort zone..n i 4got..tat God has something bigger 4 me 2 do..somethin more 4 me..n don stop halfway cuz halfway is wat i wan but is not wat God wants. N is definately not part of God's plan.Aft reading this chap, i hv 2 keep remidin myself- let God b part of my plan..so i'll know when 2 stop when not 2 stop :)

Anonymous said...

This two chapter had given me a great impact to my life. What is faith? Believing things that we had yet seen happened already. Ps Joel had given us good teaching how to live my best life now. I used to have a very negatif thinking. I always think bad about things and myself. Like to think negatif.. huhu. I still will till now, this two chapter had break my mind set and set me free. Even Rev David Wu shared about attitude change, Our mindset is important. How we looks at things that things will happen to how we look at. Ps Joel shared that change what we see and we will change what we are producing. For me when problem comes i will start to thinks negatif and i will cry.That the 1st things i will do.. Cry.. But cry will never solve problem. I had never think of Who is He behind me..I forgotten all problems come from Him. Yesterday Ps David wu shared something that wakes me up, If he cannot provide you.. HE IS NOT GOD. I was oh... ya hooo.. correct. Why my mind never have that? Why everytimes problem comes i will be shaken? In this two chapter had teaches me to stand on God alone and walk in His faith. See what miracle and Big Things he had prepared for me.Example: I am staying alone right now..Every body is worry that anything hapen to me but.. I am not afraid. I never stay alone in a big house before. I used to fear dark and stay alone. I will think negatif and think bad.. My 1st time, But i am not afraid at all. Instead of Fear God gave me freedom. I am free from fear. I am not scare of darkness. I thank God that He gave me this faith to me.I am very touched by this three message. At the time where i need it the most.. There is he talking to me.. God you are awesome. I love you. You are my everything, The beauty of you will never ever be forgotten by me. The rising of sun to the going down, my life had always been taken care by the mighty God. My father whom i Love.

Anonymous said...

Victoria chin:
(This is my third times try 2 post.. Tired Alrdy lo.. ah.. I didnt play blog ma.. SO NOt really not how ) actually i just read the first chapter this monday.. After i finish read i got something in my mind.. We just like people who just got P lesen.. Inside the car correct the seat and+++.we are very comfort in the car.. WOW, the can move aldy we very happy but god say dont bec we with face problem like accident &+++.we will feel not comfort in the car but god say dont quit ... U MUST CON DRIVE UNTIL D END...

elena said...

after studied the 1st chapter...i feel tat GOD is really great...n i feel tat we need to moving forward to do wat we want to do....nothing is impossible when GOD is always in our heart...i belive tat GOD is always by my side :)...(i'm going to reach my full potential in god n i'm going to start my best life nw)....tis is wat i decide to do^^

Phyllis said...

Reading this book is truly something that i can learn. In this chapter the contents really spoke to me. In my life,i've always been so comfortable with what i have that i just don't feel like moving forward... Have all of you ever had a goal that during the beginning you were so fired up and excited about it? Then after a few days the excitement just wears off and we'll be thinking ," Nah,i can't do it. I'm not strong enough. I might as well just give up."

This happens to me very often. I don't know if any of you are facing the same problems,but i just can't seem to overcome it.. But by the constant support from my cell leader & my dear brothers and sisters,i'm once again recharged to finish off what i haven't completed.. As days go by,i'm learning to take up responsibilities & push myself to where i've never been before.. If it wasn't for the Almighty God who gave me more chances that i can count,i wouldn't be the person i am today..

I've learned that sometimes God has more blessings for us,in condition that we climb over the mountain first before receiving it. If we're just happy to be living halfway on to our destination,then that's where we're gonna be... This chapter is a serious reminder to me to hunger more for the better things and not to stay comfortable in my current place.. may God help us to strive for better days to come.. Break out of our bubble,guys! Do things that you wouldn't do for God! :)

lanyit said...

Exactly, I was like one of the mount climbing tour member that always satified
with the current condition and status. But 1 thing thats I feel very blessed that
GOD take k of me and love me even I hadnt known HIM.
Why I say so, because HE always give me chance to go further in my study,
my future life, my working and so on even sometimes it is really tough for me.

HE knows I am somebody that lacking of confident. GOD gives me faith.
Seriously, when i started to work for few years, I hope that my boss dont upgrade or
promote me to manager level.. because i always think that I cannot do that.
I just wanted to be a normal engineer. Fix income and Fix Job... No kidding :P

OFcourse life never go that way. (dont misunderstand, i am still doing as engineer now
with better salary.. hehehehe)..and I have gained alot of learning from time to time.
Most importantly, give our faith. In GOD,impossible will become "I m possible"...

elaine said...

It really hits me after reading tis chapter.Most of the times,i have big dreams.But when things don't turn out the way i think or the way it should be,i'll start to turn my way further from the dream,thinking tat it's impossible & i'll never do tat.It's too hard.

So,i tends to stay back at where i was and leave my dream behind.My faith is really low.It encourage me to look at Abraham's faith.Believe with heart even when you cant see wth your eyes.