Monday, May 25, 2009

Chapter 26 - God wants good things to happen to you

Scripture reading Genesis 17:15 - 18:15

"What is faith? It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. IT is the evedence of things we cannot yet see." Hebrews 11:1

The old testament account of when God told Abraham that he and his wife, Sarah, were going to have a child-even though they were close to one hundred years old. ......year after year went by, Abraham and Sarah had no children. After a while, they decided to "help" God fulfill His promise. Sarah told Abraham to sleep with her maid, Hagar. Hagar gave birth to a child named Ishmael. but that wasn't God's best. God wanted to give Sarah a baby. Still more years went by, and no child. Finally, Sarah became pregnant. What changed?
The main reason Isaac wasn't born sooner, one of the major delays in the fullfillment of the promise for year after year, was simply the fact that Sarah couldn't see it through her eyes of faith.
"The things which are impossible with men are possible with God." Luke 18:27

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah! Praise God for His Goodness upon me. God really want good things happen to us. For sure!! I had received letter of appreciation from a patient. That time was my time during i am struggling in the hospital, where every one bullied me but God turn the pain to Joy where He help me to change things, the favor of God is upon me. After this patient praise me in front of the doctor now doctor saw me differently. She know how to appreciate what had i done for her. She treat me well, buy me cake, buy me food to eat. From like to complain about me become a good doctor. That is Miracle. That letter reached my Administrator, My Hr department and they send a copy to my doctor and me. I thought that all, God had show His glory thru me that The doctor i am assisting knew i am different. That was early of May.. Today, I found out that the letter and a memo was up on the staff memo board. I do not know about it till someone came and told me wow,,, You are the best staff this year. I was shock???? Why? They said the memo was out. Now the whole hospital knew about this and all of them come to me with different view about me. Glory to God... Glory to He who is to be Praise. I even get a letter from the hospital and a gift for my good work. I was surprised. Good thing had happen. I prayed long God how can i show i am different? The Things which are impossible with men are possible with God. Amen. God is moving and bring things to pass. I just need to believe that God is working not me. I must see the invisible, God will do the impossible.

florence ho said...

Wow, congratulation to Sarah, our God is great.
My job is to BELIEVE! most of the time after i pray n hand over my problems, needs or anything to God, i still busybody to figure out how’s will God going to do, how’s he going to change my situation that is so mess & make myself worry, worry, worry. Actually that is God Job, He will figure out how to solve my problem, how to change my situation n bring it to pass, i just have to believe n wait. See with the eyes of faith, because only when we can see the invisible, God will do the impossible. Im sure my life will getting better & better until to the BEST.

StephyQ said...

Congratulation to Hannah first! Give all the glory to GOD!

It's another busy days for me. But I believe GOD just reminded me to dropby here and get recharged.

Me and my team at work been struggling lots as we have a very picky client. After all the requirments where we almost kick the ball to goal,surdently out of the blues today my client sent a very nasty email to us. She highlighted that all the requirements that missed in our data requirements session. She only see the requirements that she wants, but she nv see from our part that, we offer more requirements that out of the scope for her.

This been highlighted to the management people. My project manager was so frustrated and worried about it, but I'm so peace in HIM! I believe that if GOD is with me, who can againts me? Even though things seems stuck and might go nasty, but do I care? No....cos I believe GOD want the best for me. HE is WITH ME! amen!

Will pray for the project and sit tight to see how GOD move things!