Sunday, April 12, 2009

Overtaken by God's goodness

Scripture reading Genesis 6:1-9

It is You who blesses the righteous man, O Lord; You surround him with favor as with a shield. Psalm 5:12

When you are going through tough times, you must choose to be favor-minded.

6 comments:

chihsan said...

When i felt disappointed, God let me see His favor, He asnwer me when i read the testimony from all of u. And teach me to learn from Ruth, Joseph, Noah, although they are in the tough time, their attitude remind me that to declaring and expecting God's favor in my life. No matter in what situation, i believe that God will bring me out.

Erika Chong said...

Before I take my SPM results, I was expecting very teruk results. But as I got my results, I know God's watching over me. As I was reading this chapter, it reminds me of how God taught me to keep "I AM FAVORED BY GOD" in mind :)


No matter how hard life's gonna get, we must stand still and trust that God's favor is upon us!!

"There WILL be miracles when we BELIEVE"

Anonymous said...

Praise God for the work of His hand upon me. Thank God for His favor surrounding me like sheild. I love favor so much. It is so nice being in favor of God. From pain i gain victory, joy and laughter in me. I am so blessed. In the hospital today, a lady patient came to see my doctor. After almost finish she praise me in from of the doctor saying that i am a responsible nurse, i work very well. I was ar?? :) The doctor look surprised. She had been complain about me now see that i am not what she had been complaining all this while. She asked my full name and told me that she will write about my work to the management. I am so happy that God's favor let me able to stand out among others. Just like i pray everyday now, God your favor is causing me to stand out among other, so that others will know that the different of christian. God is an awesome God. Declaring the favor is important and work it out. It's like been chase down by the favor of God. :) In the previous chapter, says that be sure to thank God for His favor, and for His special assistance in your life. Don;t take favor for granted. When you are living favor minded, God's favor seem to chase you down and overtake you. expecting good thing to happen every day of our life for we are God's children. Praise God..

florence ho said...

Yes, i want to live a life that God’s beauty & love chase after me every day of my life. To have that, I need to be a child after God’s own heart, just like david...
last night, i prayed with favor-minded for a parking at Sec 14 to buy my dinner, I had go round 2 times still didn’t get a parking, I learn to praise Him even i didn’t get a parking, n you know what, when i praise Him, Jessie call me n offer to buy a dinner for me, this is God favor, i no need to park my car n go down to buy dinner by myself, n God favor is not end, when i reached church i didn’t expect to meet someone but i met joshua who turn out to open the room for me instead of waiting outside for christina to come n open, you know what it’s great i met joshua because christina’s key has locked in the office, even she came early, she unable to open the door for me, it is God timing, if i went down to buy my dinner, if i insisted to park my car, i may be a bit late n joshua may have left because he told me that he is about to leave...some time when we pray for what we need n God not giving us, we have to learn to let go, because God wanna gives us something better, He has His timing n reason.

Jessie Ho said...

I made a lot of mistakes in my life. Sometimes I feel ashame to come before God...but deep in my heart I know this is not from God. For I know when I repented my sin before HIM. He has forgiven me and I owe him no shame. Not only that, he will continue to pour out his favours on me in return... What a GREAT GOD that we have! So now I will honour HIM and testify HIS name wheneve I could.

Jessica said...

whatever we've done wrong.One thing is the most important is go back to our god. We must repent ourselves and ask for god's forgiveness. Our god is a mercy god.Amen!..he he
what i've learned in this chapter is GRAB HOLD to god because i believe god will pour his overflowing blessing in my life and my family.I learned to expect good things happen in my life.His love satisfied my needs.
Sometimes, i do fell.Instead of expecting his blessing, i often turn away from him.*sad*
FROM NOW ON, i will always remember this "expecting God's blessing to chase after you", "start expecting the goodness of God to overtake you"
God is good, he wants his children to have the best in life.=D