Tuesday, April 7, 2009

ONE touch of God's favor

Scripture reading: 1 John 5:13-21
Thou art the glory of their strength; and in thy favor our horn shall be exalted. Psalm 89:17

One touch from God can change your circumstances. Choose today to trust His plan for your life, and start anticipating His touch of favor.

8 comments:

patricia said...

i like it when Joel Osteen said "if you want to experience more of God's favor, you must first become more 'favor-minded'!! Be friend with favor!! think of God's favor everyday.. i remembered few years back, i had joined a conference in singapore. I was in my Form 6 that time. Of course i will miss classes for one week if i go for that conference... and of course the school will not approve my leave for this purpose. But what i did was, i just asked my schoolmate to pass the application leave letter to my form teacher and leave for singapore. Supposedly i will feel scared and worry for just dropping off like that, but what i felt that time was calmness and no worries. i know God will do something for me. After one week, i went back to school, my form teacher told me that the principal want to see me due to the letter. According to the principal, my leave was not approved by the school. But something good happened, my form teacher said that the principal will not be around this week so probably she would be forgetting about this matter by the time she come back!! whiuu... guess what?!! she really forgot about me!! i was safe and not even one problem or complain come to me... Praise the Lord!! Favor is falling, is falling, is falling!!

chihsan said...

Sometimes I felt tired when thing no changing. I will think that why I need to serve when people still remain the same. But God remind me that He is a righteous God. He wants me to stand firm and do more. I thank God that His words always encourage me to go further. Not only listen but act it in my life, His favor will upon me. No other secret.

Anonymous said...

My heart Prayed earnestly, I know, Father, that one touch from You can turn around any situation in my life and the life of my family. I believe that You have divine favor ready to pour out in my life and the lives of my family, and i will expect good things to come to my way every day and forever because of YOU. This chapter come on time i needed it so much in my life. In Hospital lately, I was bad treated by peoples,doctors and my in- charge. Like around me people come attack me nonstop. I send one folder to the department and inform that this patients need to do this and that, That Nurse Scolded me. Shouted at me like i done mistakes. I inform you, you wan to scold me. When i don;t inform they also scold me. Says why i did not inform. Don;t know what they want. follow their mood to do things. Then the doctor i am assisting now, Likes to complain so much till my ears fills with negative words. In this Hospital, i am the only Chinese in my course. There are two doctors who doesn't like me from the moment i enter to this hospital. Every time i work in the clinic sure they never stop to scold me. If i do something wrong i will admit. but if i do nothing why i want to get scold for nothing? Seem in this hospital i need to follow how they look at me. This get scold that get scold.no one in the hospital know my feeling, no one knows i had been crying.. all fingers pointing at me. each things i am wrong. No matter how good i do they still not satisfied with me.Where got a doctor want the nurse to chase the patients away fast? she want to chase patients fast to run the clinic fast. She already running two clinics. She still want me to chase them away. I can;t do it. I really cannot. The patients got right to ask questions. Later those patients scold me. I do not know how to work well. Have to follow doctor order? God, i really need help. Help me. Give me the heart like the mechanic. A heart that please you rather the heart of peoples. I believe God you were there in all the things that happen. Good I need your favor.. I need your favor.. let me believe for more than what you can do for me. I know my eyes will see deliverance from problem i am having Now. Our God IS An Awesome God. Amennnnnn

Jessica said...

I LOVE this chapter too.
After i read,i was like "wow,GOD you're the almighty and unlimited god, i am so glad that i know you"

In this chapter,Joel Osteen wrote about a mechanic. From him, i really can see how he obey god and his humbleness. He truly serve a god wants to do more than we ask or think.

It touched my heart and i pray to god that i want to serve you with my heart.i want to extend my forgiveness and keep responding love to the non believers and you.i BELIEVE your time to promote me will come and i WANT TO BE PROMOTE BY YOU!

I believe that i can do everything IN GOD..i can spread more gospel to the people and tell them how great is my father and how much he had done for me!
Sometimes when i don't see god's works on me and i'll tell god that "i am tired,i let u handle and i am not going to do a single thing!"
When i think back, i found that i was losing my faith and heart to god.I THANK GOD that from this chapter i see how his work had plan for each of us so I will stand firm and keep having faith in him till the day he want to promote me
BECAUSE I BELIEVE HIS PLAN FOR US IS NOT FOR A WHILE BUT WORTHWHILE!
AMEN!!!!

florence ho said...

That day i watched a movie name facing the giant, I like a phrase that the actor said: ‘As long as you honour God, nothing is impossible’. When i read this chapter it’s remind that whatever i do, im not doing to please others or myself, i just doing to please God, to honour Him. Always present the best to God, n the one touch of His favor will come to us as well, not only that mechanic.

Jessie Ho said...

When I was young, people always said to me, "you are so blessed", "many people likes you and do favour for you", "teacher always take care of you - no need go marching or do any sport", "never experience poverty" etc. At that time I didn't know what is God's favour but I know how to give thanks because I knew these are from God. Today, I realised that this is God's favour. His favour not given to me once or twice but have been followed me since the day I was born. I will only give thanks to HIM everyday from the bottom of my heart..for all things that I have and I don't. God knows the best for me... He is my shepherd and I shall not want!

elaine said...

when i read tis chapter and the true life story of the man that continue to work eventhough his environment is against him.1 thing tat makes it different is he continue to perform the best in his work because he is serving the Lord and not human.I can imagine 7 yrs is not a short period of time and definitely not easy.I'm waiting eagerly to see God's favor in my work.I pray hard to God tat i'm not bind by work.i cant wait to see God's favor..favor..

victoria chin said...

OH!!!!
One touch of God's favor. Sometimes,when i lie down myself on bed i think of God.. Only u can 100% fulfill me..
I wish i can have a hug from Jesus and a kiss..
Today, i ask ade who seat beside me..Is it God knew everything i do,i think,i feel...(Actually i knew d answer!!)


One touch of God's favor.... Amen